Free Internet

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fractal Art

As I was deciding on what next to write about, I saw an advert in the Destination Guide for a fractal art gallery and ernestly I hoped, that it would be my friend Spiral Silverstar's Gallery.  It was not, and what a disappointment that gallery was, no passion that I have associated with fractal artwork since I met Spiral back in November 2007, he was the second artiste to have a live gallery showing at my Museum!

I immediately wondered if Spiral was still in Second Life, sure enough, he changed his name to The Spiral and has a gallery full of passionate fractal artwork!

What is fractal artwork?  Is the use of math and shapes lined up to be symmetrical and flowing in a design that captures your imagination.  To quote Spiral Silverstar, "Simply put, fractals are shapes which show similar features at different sizes. Much as a very close inspection of a rock can show similar features to an aerial view of a mountain, fractal shapes are characterized by this property of self-similarity."  (Elven Enchantment Museum and Art Gallery Blog, November 2007, used with permission.)

I am absolutely delighted to rediscover his artwork!  In my opinion it is still the best artwork in Second Life!  And his gallery features the art on the walls, but in the middle of the gallery are tall trees, magical flowers, and fractal sculptures.  A couch is on one side of the gallery so you can sit and chat with friends while enjoying the ambiance.

A new add to his gallery since I last saw him, is his scripted/morphing fractals that move in the picture frame.  Sorry, but the artwork here is not quite scripted art and not morphing art either, but a pleasing combination of the two!

And surprisingly, the gallery is lag free!  Many Second Lifer's know exactly what I mean... most gallery's lag like crazy!  Well done ... Sprial!

Lastly, Spiral is a fractal artiste in Real Life too.  His work has won many awards over the years.  Go and enjoy them as he features these in his gallery as well!  Congrats to Spiral!

In the opinion of this blogger, The Spiral Art Gallery is NOT to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment